Search Blog Content

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Stuffed Mushroom Bowl - A Quick, Easy and Tasty Recipe

By

Photo: 4.bp.blogspot.com
 
A stuffed mushroom bowl is my quick easy and yummy breakfast today! I felt lucky to grab and buy this giant mushroom since it was the only big size mushroom left in the basket that day. Too bad for the rest of the week I neither cook nor eat at home as I had my meals at work, church and when going out with my friends. So it is almost forgotten if only I did not check the fridge yesterday. I am sorry Mr. Mushy to neglect you for so long!
Today I have no work and decide to treat myself with homemade cooking. Since the first time I bought the mushroom, I have planned to stuff it with something yummy. You might be wondering how big the mushroom is since I keep saying it as a giant mushroom. Well, the diameter is about 9 cm long. Maybe you guys have seen a mushroom in this size but honestly this is my first one. I could not find this size of mushroom in my hometown. I think it is cute and looks like a small bowl.
In this post I will tell you how to make the stuffed mushroom bowl. The first step is you have to find a fresh and quite big size mushroom or either way is you can use smaller size mushrooms that will be great tiny bites too. This dish is perfect for appetizer.
Ingredients:
  • Mushrooms
  • Shaved roast turkey
  • Onion (diced)
  • Grated cheddar
  • Chili powder
Step by Step:
  1. Wash and cut the bottom part of the mushroom carefully
  2. Grilled the shaved roast turkey for about 1-2 minutes after browned and aromatic
  3. Sautee the diced onion with a little bit of olive oil
  4. Cut the turkey into small squared pieces
  5. Mix the turkey and onion and grated cheddar in a bowl
  6. Stuff the mix into the mushroom
  7. Sprinkle with more cheese to cover the filling
  8. Bake the mushroom about 3-4 minutes
  9. Sprinkle chili powder on the top and serve!
I love the dish since this is such a combination of my favorite foods. I love mushroom, cheese, onion and any kind of meat so turkey is on my list as well. For those who do not like onion, you can just leave it but for me onion is really enhancing both the taste and the aroma. You can also change the turkey with another meat or ham. I reckon bacon will give a tasty aroma or grounded beef will be fine too. Happy cooking all!
Hi I am Neysa Valeria T. A, a food and tea enthusiast who write my foodie journey to be shared with everyone all over the world. Please kindly visit my food blog at http://foodandteatraveller.wordpress.com to get more recipes, food, restaurant and tea reviews. Let's travel together!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Neysa_Valeria_T._A.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7402956

No comments:

Post a Comment