by: Dakota CaudillaPlanning the perfect barbeque is easy. Just follow these five easy steps towards creating a memorable barbeque.
1. Because good company is what makes or breaks a successful backyard barbeque make sure you organize your guests first. Send out invitations or call as much in advance as you can to guarantee that the people you want to come will be able to come.
2. Choose a theme and decorate the backyard and your home to suit that theme. Match tablecloths and napkins. Add candles and fresh flowers. A backyard barbeque needs a theme to induce a fun mood amongst guests and to make it memorable.
3. Plan the menu. Check to see what your guests are bringing and cross those items off your list. Make a list of what you need (don't forget insect repellent) and do all the shopping the day before so that ingredients are fresh and so that the morning of your backyard barbeque can be dedicated to food preparation. Make sure you purchase the highest-quality meat products you can find. And select vegetables, such as corn, tomatoes, peppers and mushrooms. These vegetables are perfect accompaniments for a barbeque.
4. In the morning (or the night before) marinate the meat. A simple marinade that includes soy sauce, barbeque sauce and garlic is perfect. Stock your cooler with cold drinks.
5. By the time your guests arrive you should be dressed and ready. Music should be playing to add ambience, salads and other starters should be laid out and ready, and the fire should be kindled.
About the author:
Dakota Caudilla, journalist, and website builder Dakota Caudilla lives in Texas. He is the owner and co-editor of http://www.cooking-up-a-storm.comon which you will find a longer, more detailed version of this article.